3 Ways to Set Yourself Up for Social Media Success
I go to every “ How to Use Social Media” presentation I can. They usually have a person from a local agency, an analytics nerd, and a business person that has proven success using social media. The lunch is always a gamble, but the story is always the same.
If you’ve been to one of these you know what I’m talking about...
- The agency person talks about campaigns and engagement.
- The Nerd tells you his websites bounce rate.
- The rich cat tells you how crucial FaceBook is to the success of his/her business.
A social media presence is essential for any size business. All of the things you’ll hear at these presentations are relevant, important for professional/business development, the face to face networking can be priceless, but it’s what you don’t hear that could potentially make or break your social media success.
- Get ready for the long haul. A social media campaign is useless if you haven’t properly built and cultivated a following. Email strategies are moot without an email list. Analytics are only as good as the amount you’ve collected. Expect to wait at least a year before you can really start seeing the fruits of your labor.
- Be prepared to put in work. Staying active is key to success online. Coming up with creative ways to get your businesses message out isn’t easy. Plan do a lot of AB testing. Be proactive with your following. Listen to what they are talking about. Read a lot! Blogging is a huge. The more you read, the better writer you’ll become. Do the work it takes to get it right.
- Don’t go it alone. Build partnerships with creative knowledgable people. Seek out others that are as committed as you are to the success of your business. Surround yourself with them. Delegate others to handle aspects of your social media presence. Stay up to date with latest trends. Ask for advice.
Spend the time it takes, put in the work, and look for support from others. If you keep those ideas mind, larger followings, target marketing, increased website traffic, demographics, bounce rates, and conversions will be right around the corner.
Can you think of something important to keep in mind when embarking on the quest for social media success? Pay it forward by sharing it with us…who knows it may just contribute to the future success of someone’s business.